Monday 11 May, 2020
Today the NZ Government announced we will move to Alert Level 2 from later this week. This means the following for EasternMarine:
- Our Auckland Store will be open from 11am, 19 May 2020.
Livestock Airfreight & Overnight Courier orders will resume from 13 May 2020.
Due to the challenging trading conditions we cannot give ETA's for individual orders, or when they will be sent - but we will process the orders in the order they were received.
If your order is being shipped out, you will be able to see a NZ Couriers Tracking Code at the order status page by 2pm each day. Please check the order status page and if you can see a tracking code on it, your order will be sent out that day.|
Entry into our store will be subject to level 2 protocols, which include:
- Limited number of people allowed into our store at any one time.
- Provided hand sanitiser MUST be used by every customer coming into our store.
- Each customer will be required to provide contact details upon entry.
- Physical distancing must be actioned by our customers and staff, including maintaining a 1 metre distance between you and another person.
- Do NOT touch any aquariums and only touch products you intend to buy.
- Children MUST be kept close to you and supervised at all times.
If a customer doesn't agree to these terms and conditions of entry then he/she is not permitted to enter into our store. These terms and conditions will clearly be shown at the entrance into our store and are subject to change.
Monday 20 April, 2020
On Monday 27 April at 11:59pm, New Zealand will move to Covid-19 Alert Level Three. This will mean the following for EasternMarine:
- Contactless Livestock Order Collections will resume on Tuesday 28 April 2020.
- Upon a recommendation from NZ Couriers, due to increased freight being sent through the courier network, livestock courier dispatches will not be occuring during the level three alert level, and with all things going well, will commence in level two, along with airfreight.
- Our Showroom will remain closed during Level 3.
- Airfreight, Same Day Courier and Saturday Delivery remain unavailable.
Dry goods will continue to be sent via courier during the level three alert period.
Order collections will be available every day between 11am-1pm Tuesday - Friday and will need to be scheduled prior to collection. To schedule a pick up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the time and date (within the collection times above) that you will like to collect. A member of our team will reply with confirmation of your collection time, or a revised collection time if your original time is not available.
When you come to collect your order, please bring your own bucket. For safety reasons we will not provide any boxes to put the bagged fish/coral in. We will leave the bagged livestock outside our designated collection area outside our facilities for you to drive up and collect. Please ensure you leave as soon as you collect your order. Staff will supervise collection from upstairs in our offices.
All our staff will pack orders wearing gloves and masks to ensure clean surfaces and zero cross contamination.
Please email us if you have any questions on this process.
Friday 10 April, 2020
In light of trading conditions during lockdown, we have removed all fish from our website until normal trading conditions resume. Corals will continue to be available for purchase via our website but will not be shipped until couriers resume normal delivery conditions.
Tuesday 24 March, 2020
During the national quarantine, EasternMarine will continue to trade (with changes to how we deliver our product) as we are deemed as an essential business.
Changes to how we trade are outlined below:
- Our showroom will be CLOSED from 24 March for 4 + weeks.
- All essential goods will be sent via door to door courier only. There will be NO pickups or depot collections - no exceptions. All goods deemed 'essential goods' are labelled on our website.
- All Saturday deliveries are suspended, and deliveries will be Tuesday - Friday only.
- All NZ Courier deliveries will be contactless, and will follow their delivery COVID-19 delivery policy
- Airfreight deliveries are suspended until further notice
- All external sides of the boxes will be sprayed with a antibacterial spray prior to leaving our facilities and packers will use gloves while packing orders
- All orders MUST be placed by 12pm each day for a delivery the following day.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU PLAY YOUR PART AND ISOLATE YOURSELF - STAY HOME & ENJOY YOUR TANKS
KIA KAHA NEW ZEALAND - YOU’VE GOT THIS!
Monday 23 March, 2020
Effective from Wednesday 25 March, New Zealand is entering a mandatory 4 week quarantine period, aiming to control the coronavirus.
This quarantine period has forced the closure of non-essential businesses.
From Tuesday 24 March, our showroom will close to the general public for a minimum of 4 weeks, or until the mandatory quarantine period is finished. We will also suspend all courier and order collection services until further notice.
We will update this page as we learn how the quarantine period will impact our business. We expect to have more information on courier services in the coming days.
In the mean time, please stay safe, look after your family/whanau and STAY PHYSICALLY ISOLATED. We all MUST do our part to ensure New Zealand manages this disease.