Reduce stress and shock to your new tank inhabitants with the AccuDrip Acclimation Kit from Innovative Marine. Acclimating new fish and corals can be the difference between success and stress for your new purchase. Proper acclimation will slowly introduce your tanks water to help the fish acclimate to any possible changes over a short period of time.
- Rigid "J" tube hangs on aquarium
- Self-priming siphon bulb
- Thumb wheel for precise drip control
- Use a clean bucket: Use 1 bucket for Fish and 1 bucket for Corals and Invertebrates
- Release your new inhabitants and their water into the bucket
- Insert longer rigid tubing into flexible tubing
- Hang rigid tube on edge of aquarium and place other end into the bucket
- Close the rolling clamp and squeeze gently to create a siphon
- Slowly roll open the clamp to your desired drip rate
- Innovative Marine recommends that the water volume is tripled to slowly equalize all water parameters
Drip Rate Guidelines:
- Snails, Shrimps, Crabs, Starfish, Anemones: 1-2 Drips per second
- Wrasses, Puffers, Anthias, Gobies, Butterflies: 2-3 Drips per second
- Corals and the majority of other Fish such as Angles and Tangs: 2/4 Drips per second
ACCLIMATION IS AN INCREDIBLY STRESSFUL PERIOD FOR NEW ADDITIONS - WE ADVISE TO NEVER ACCLIMATE FOR LONGER THAN 40 MINUTES. IF A FISH IS SHOWING SIGNS OF STRESS, (FAST BREATHING, ERRATICALLY SWIMMING IN THE BAG THEN INCREASE THE SPEED OF ACCLIMATION.