Reef Foundation Aragonite Sand is the perfect substrate for your reef aquarium. The enormous surface area houses large quantities of beneficial bacterial nitrifying/denitrifying bacteria and millions of microbes, enhancing the filtration capacity of your aquarium.
Buffering capability ensures a stable alkalinity and pH level at around 8.2 in sea water and cichlid aquariums. Reef Foundation aragonite sand creates a natural biological balance which discourages the growth of nuisance algae.
Sand also provides hiding places for wrasse and other reef inhabitants.
Features & Benefits:
- 1-2mm grain size
- Sustainably harvested from the Pacific Ocean
- Assists in reducing pH fluctuations
- Creates additional surface area for beneficial bacteria
- Made from 100% natural marine aragonite
- Low in dust particles, meaning less 'cloudiness' when you fill the aquarium with water.